Hometown (NO) Touch Policy
Delivering World-Class Connections... With Our New Policy
The Coronavirus Pandemic has turned many of our lives sideways. On March 12, 2020, our office doors were closed to the public, staff was relocated to allow social distancing, and operational procedures were modified to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. On Wednesday, July 1 we are pleased to reopen and have staff back in their orginal offices.
Our front lobby doors in Minburn and Woodward are once again open to the public. We welcome you to come in to see us to sign up for service, pay your bill, view a demonstration and more. When you enter our doors, you will notice some safety precautions. The ‘new normal’ has arrived. We have installed a plexiglass shield at the front desks and our team will wear a mask when working with guests. Through our new safety policies, staff is required to wear PPE while working with anyone from outside our company – whether it be onsite at our office or at a customer location.
We will also strongly encourage all visitors to wear a mask for your protection and ours. Don’t have one? No problem! We’ll be happy to give you a cool Minburn Communications cloth mask to keep.
While we are excited to resume operations within our office walls, we are still taking precautions to follow CDC, state and local guidelines. Our Hometown (no) Touch policy introduced in May remains in place.
We are your local, responsive communications company delivering a reliable service. Internal operations, customer support, and technical assistance continue as normal. Our technology allows us to remotely upgrade your broadband speed, add new features and troubleshoot an issue. The only thing we cannot do is visit with you face-to-face.
Any onsite services provided by Minburn Communications will be done under our new Hometown (no) Touch policy. The new customer contact guidelines require our staff and all customers to work together to minimize the risk of spreading of the virus. As a general rule going forward, our Technicians will install and repair services from outside the home or business. The Technician will partner with the customer to have them complete any work inside the home or business. The customer will be provided the necessary equipment packaged in a safe plastic bag. Our Technician will be directly outside the location providing instructions by voice or video call. If the installation or repair is not successful, the customer will not be charged the install or trip fees.
We are dedicated to delivering our Hometown Touch experience – only from a distance. In most cases, there will be no need for our team to enter your home or business. However, some situations may require the skills of our Technician so new safety policies have been put in place to protect our customers and employees. Minburn Communications will continue to work with the customer on an acceptable solution within these guidelines.
The Hometown (no) Touch policy also includes the following protocols:
- Prior to the Technician entering the home or business, the customer will be asked a series of questions plus, they must read, sign, and return to Minburn Communications a signed Minburn Communications COVID-19 Risk Disclosure Notice, Waiver and Release. This process must be completed prior to scheduling the service appointment and the form will be kept on file.
- Any Minburn Communications employee entering a customer home or business is required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including a mask, protective eye wear, booties and gloves. The PPE will be properly disposed or sanitized after each use.
- Whether the Technician is outside or inside a service location, the customers is required to position themselves away from the Technician in a separate room or area where work is being performed. We are a friendly group, not visiting with you makes us sad but we know it’s for the best.
- The customer is strongly encouraged to practice strict hygiene measures and asked to wear a mask during a visit with a Minburn Communications employee.
- At any time during an onsite service visit, the Technician or the customer can terminate the work if either party feel their safety may be compromised.
The staff at Minburn Communications wants our communities to know we empathize with you. We are committed to serving our customers and keeping you connected. The FCC pledge to Keep Americans Connected ended on June 30th. However, Minburn Communications will continue to help customers stay connected to their voice and internet services. Simply contact our office so that we can evaluate your circumstance to see if you qualify for the Pandemic Plan.
Minburn Communications prides itself on being responsive to our all our customers; even when it means addressing an issue after hours. We want to ensure we continue to deliver the best experience possible. However, today’s “new normal” way of doing business means we must have a Minburn Communications COVID-19 Waiver and Release form on file before any onsite work can be performed.
Be Proactive. Sign and return the waiver now to prevent any delays with installation or trouble repairs. Simply print and return the form to our office. We will keep it on file.