UPDATED MAY 14, 2020: Minburn Communications Pledge to Keep Americans Connected
Given the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on American society, Minburn Communications joined hundreds of other providers and trade associations to "Keep Americans Connected"
On March 16th, we pledged to:
1) Not terminate service to any resident or small business customer because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic;
2) Waive any late fees that any residential or small business customer incurs because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic; and
3) Open its WiFi hotspots to any Americans who need them.
If you are a Minburn Communications customer whose financial status has been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, you must contact our office to make us aware of your payment issues in order to take advantage of Pledges 1 and/or 2.
Regarding pledge 3 - Minburn Communications has installed equipment to make FREE public Wifi hotspots with unlimited usage in Minburn, Woodward and Perry. The intent is to provide alternative internet access locations in lieu of closed public facilities like libraries, schools, and coffee shops. The outdoor space allow users to maintain social distancing parameters.
Minburn Communications FREE WiFi service locations:
- Perry - approximately a two block area on 2nd Street from Willis north to Warford Street and directly behind the Towncraft Center
- Minburn - in parking areas northeast of our office building at 416 Chestnut Street
- Woodward - in the parking area at High Trestle Bridge trailhead northeast of our corporate office at 100 S. Main Street
When in range of any of the three hotspots, simply select MinburnCommGuest from your Wifi settings. Review and accept the terms of services. The free WiFi will be enabled after our webiste has loaded and activated the connection.
With public facilities being closed, businesses encouraging work-from-home, schools fostering online learning, and families spending more time at home the consumption of residential bandwidth has increased. VPN connections, gaming and streaming video require more bandwidth to prevent slower up/down load times and buffering. Consumers may need to bump up their bandwidth in order to support the higher volume of usage. Minburn Communications' customers who are experiencing a change to their bandwidth use are encouraged to contact our office to temporarily increase their symmetrical broadband internet. Our Technicians have the ability to remotely change bandwidth packages very quickly, they do not need to come to the home.
Plus, Minburn Communications will comply to the FCC 90-day request to waive all service order activation charges for customers to upgrade their speed as well as return to their slower package once the COVID-19 pandemic subsides.
We pledge to keep customers connected to their phone and internet service without penalty though the end of May as long as alternative payment arrangements have been made with us. Contact us immediately if you are experiencing financial hardships related to job loss, cutbacks, or other Coronavirus Pandemic related circumstances. Per the FCC guidelines, the Keep Americans Connected pledge relates to essential services only and remains in effect for 90-days from our commitment or until further notice. The pledge does not apply to video Entertainment TV services.
Please contact Minburn Communications at 515-438-2200 or email email@example.com for additional information.